This simple yet tasty gluten-free avocado pasta recipe is perfect for when you fancy something nice and filling, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen!
Creamy avocado gluten-free pasta
Recipe by Nush Food (www.nushfoods.co.uk)
Serves: 2 | Cook time: 20-30 mins
GF SF DF EF V MF
- 200g gluten-free pasta or courgetti
For the avocado sauce:
- 1 pot Nush natural cashew or almond milk yoghurt
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Two large handfuls fresh basil
- 3.5 tbsp of nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan
- Juice ½ lemon
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 50ml pasta cooking water
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Steamed or boiled rice and chilli to taste
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving the starchy pasta water for later use, then set aside.
- As the pasta is cooking, blend together all the ingredients for the sauce apart from the pasta water until smooth.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add in a spoonful of the pasta water into the sauce until you reach your desired consistency.
- Taste and season, then stir into the cooked pasta along with the roasted cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle over Parmigiano Reggiano or nutritional yeast and serve.