This gluten-free Asian-inspired curried chicken soup is zesty and fragrant, and couldn’t be easier to make!
Curried chicken soup with green beans and rice
By Waitrose (www.waitrose.com)
Serves 4 | Prep 10 mins | Cook 20 mins | Calories 444 (per serving)
GF SF DF EF
- 1 ltr (1¾fl oz) Alpro Coconut Original
- 500ml (18fl oz) gluten-free chicken stock
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 1 tbsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Thai Green Curry Paste
- 125g (4½oz) fragrant jasmine rice
- 350g (12oz) chicken mini fillets, diced
- 150g (5½oz) trimmed fine green beans, cut into 2cm (¾in) lengths
- 2 tsp gluten-free fish sauce
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Place the Alpro, chicken stock, lemongrass and curry paste in a large saucepan, bring to a simmer (do not boil), then stir in the rice and cook gently for 12 minutes.
- Add the chicken and beans and simmer gently for 5-8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat, and the rice and beans are very tender.
- Add the fish sauce and squeeze in the juice of the lime, to taste. Ladle into bowls and scatter over basil leaves before serving.