Soft and chewy double chocolate gluten-free cookies that are perfect for a treat – best of all, you won’t even realise they are gluten-free!
Double Chocolate Gluten-Free Cookies
By Jane Dunn (www.janespatisserie.com)
Serves 15 | Preparation time 10 mins | Baking time 15 mins
100g Unsalted Butter
200g Light Brown Sugar
2 Medium Eggs, beaten
250g Gluten Free Plain Flour
35g Cocoa Powder
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1tsp Baking Powder
200g Chocolate Chips (I used White ones!)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/170CFan and line 2-3 Baking Trays with Parchment paper!
- Cream together your Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy (I use an electric stand mixer with the paddle attachment to make this all easier) Once the Butter/Sugar Mix is combined, start gradually adding the egg to the mix whilst still beating, continue till all is incorporated.
- Sift in the Flour, Cocoa Powder, Bicarbonate, and Baking Powder in to mixture and beat again – should make a nice dark but smooth cookie dough!
- Mix in the Chocolate Chips and then spoon onto the Baking Trays either using a tablespoon, or a cookie scoop! (I do 6 per tray so they don’t spread and touch) and Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked through! They should rise slightly when baking!
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and then devour them all yourself. No sharing allowed!