These savoury gluten-free muffins are perfect for breakfast or brunch. Sprinkle parmesan on top for added cheesy flavour.
Gluten-free cheese & sun-dried tomato muffins
Servings: 9 muffins | Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 225g Schär Mix It! Universal
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1tsp mixed herbs, dried
- 100g matured cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 85g salted butter
- 150g 3.5% fat natural yoghurt
- 2 medium eggs
- Parmesan cheese, grated, for sprinkling
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°/170˚C Fan/Gas Mark 5. Put 9 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Sieve the Schär Mix It! Universal and baking powder into a bowl, stir in the mixed herbs, grated cheddar cheese and chopped sundried tomatoes.
- Melt the butter, and then lightly beat it together with the yoghurt and eggs. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Add the yoghurt mixture to the flour mix and carefully fold in. Do not over mix.
- Place 2 dessert spoons of mixture into the cases. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Delicious warm or cold, why not make a batch and grab them in the morning for a tasty breakfast on the go!