Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked bread. This deliciously soft, yet crunchy loaf can be enjoyed with just a spread of butter or accompanied with your favourite sandwich fillings.
Gluten-free white oven bread loaf
Preparation time: 50- 65 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500g Schär Mix It! Universal
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp skimmed milk powder
- 1½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 425ml hand-hot water
For best results, use an oiled loaf time that measure approx. 18..5 cm x 11.5 cm x 8.8 cm.
- Place the Schär Mix It! Universal into a large bowl; add the yeast, salt and milk powder. Using a metal spoon, mix together well.
- Add the oil and mix into the dry ingredients with a fork. Add the hand-hot water (1/3rd boiling, 2/3rd cold) and beat together with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth. Be careful not to over beat.
- Spoon the mixture into an oiled tin. Cover with lightly oiled clingfilm and place in a warm place for 45 minutes or until the dough has risen nearly level to the top of the tin.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Once the oven has reached the desired temperature bake the dough for 40 minutes.
- Leave to stand in the tin for 2 minutes, then remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Home-baked bread is at its best on the first day. We recommend freezing what you don’t eat once the bread has cooled. Freeze for up to 1 month.