Scottish tablet is one of those desserts that you’d imagine would be nearly impossible to make a dairy-free version of, but thankfully you can now indulge your sweet tooth in this traditional treat with this simple recipe.
Gluten & Dairy-Free Scottish Tablet
Recipe by Fiona Kennedy (www.freefromfavourites.com)
- 200g condensed coconut milk
- 435g caster sugar
- 55g dairy free spread
- 70ml dairy free milk
- Place all the ingredients in a pan over a low heat
- Stir until all the ingredients are melted together
- Simmer for 40 minutes stirring occasionally
- Remove from the heat and beat with a whisk until thickened – this can take up to 5 minutes
- Pour into a small traybake tin lined with parchment paper
- Leave to cool
- Cut into small squares when it is properly set.
Original recipe here.
About the author
Fiona Kennedy is a passionate foodie who creates a wide range of delicious gluten-free and dairy-free recipes to help those living on a dairy and gluten-free diet to cope. Fiona shares her recipes on her website freefromfavourites.com, and has published a recipe book to show how simple it is to bake delicious gluten and dairy-free cakes.