These healthy, vegan Mocha Pots de Crème are made from four ingredients. That’s right, just four. No mile-long list of ingredients that will cost a fortune to buy in one go. Better yet, I suspect three of them you might already have in your cupboard. Each pudding is made from dates, cocoa powder, coffee and silken tofu and is refined sugar free!
By Natalie of The Tofu Diaries
Like most desserts made with tofu, this is definitely one of those tofu recipes where it is hard to believe that’s what they are made from! Of course, that is a good thing – a tofu-flavoured dessert doesn’t sound very appealing, does it? Or worse, it sounds like it should have no flavour at all!
This must be made with silken tofu or the end result will be very lumpy indeed. You can find silken tofu at any East Asian store or I did manage to find some in a local supermarket on the shelves of the “foreign foods” section (it was in the fridge in the former, yet on the shelf in the latter rather than in the fridge with the firm tofu).
This recipe is refined sugar-free, dairy-free and vegan.
Ingredients | Makes 4 puddings
- 100g dates, soaked in hot water
- 3tbsp cocoa powder
- 2tbsp liquid coffee (fresh or instant)
- 400g silken tofu, drained
- Add the dates, cocoa powder and coffee to a food processor and blend until they have formed a smooth paste.
- Add the silken tofu to the processor and blend further until the pudding mix is lump-free and well combined.
- Spoon into pots and place in the fridge. Refrigerate until set.
- Serve straight from the fridge.
About the author: Natalie Tamara is the author of vegetarian and vegan food blog The Tofu Diaries. The vast majority of her recipes are vegan, with a few including cheese or honey making them suitable for vegetarians. Natalie Tamara also posts about cruelty-free products, and about her travels across almost 60 countries (and counting). You can find her on Twitter andPinterest.
See more of our tasty vegan recipes.