These cheese and bacon muffins are perfect for breakfast, lunch and even as a delicious snack!
Cheese & bacon muffins
By Feel Free Foods (www.feelfreefoods.co.uk)
Serves 9 | Prep 20 mins | Cook 15 mins | Calories 250 (per muffin)
- 250g (9oz) Feel Free All Purpose Flour
- 1¼ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 150g (5½oz) strong Cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tsp mustard powder (optional)
- cubed bacon, grilled until just cooked
- 100ml (3½fl oz) natural yoghurt (lactose free)
- 100ml (3½fl oz) milk (lactose free)
- 2 free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6. Line nine holes of a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder cheese, bacon (once cooled), salt, pepper and the spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, yoghurt and milk.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture. Mix gently, but quickly and don’t over-mix. The mixture should be wet enough to fall off the spatula – add a drop more milk if necessary.
- Put about a dessert spoon of mixture in each muffin case, then bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.