Gluten-free and dairy-free crispy flatbreads for any occasion…
By Vicki Montague, The Free From Fairy
Makes 6 | Prep 10 mins | Cook 10-15 mins | Calories 145 (per roll)
- 120g (4½oz) Doves Farm gluten-free plain flour, plus extra for rolling
- 30g (1oz) sorghum flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- a pinch of salt
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 90ml (3fl oz) water
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- To make your gluten-free crispy flatbreads, preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas Mark 6. Place the flours, salt and xanthan gum in a bowl and mix well.
- Whisk the egg, then remove half into a separate bowl for the glazing. Add the oil and water and combine well.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and bring together to form a dough. Knead the dough until it is smooth, then divide into six balls.
- Sprinkle a little flour on each ball and roll out as thinly as possible, moving it around all the time so it doesn’t get stuck on the surface.
- Place the flatbreads onto a baking tray, spaced well apart, brush with the remaining egg and scatter with sesame seeds. You may need more than one baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until crispy and golden.
The Free From Fairy