You can’t beat a nice gluten-free garlic flatbread slathered with lashings of butter, fresh parsley and garlic!
Gluten-free garlic flatbread
Serves: 8 | Preparation time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
GF SF EF V MF DF (option)
- 400g/1lb Gluten Free self-raising flour
- 300ml /10 floz natural yogurt (use dairy-free yoghurt if required)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cold water
- Salt and pepper
- 150g/6oz butter – softened (use dairy-free butter if required)
- 1-2 cloves garlic – crushed
- A handful of fresh parsley – finely chopped
- Dust a baking sheet with a little flour
- Mix the flour and seasoning in a bowl, stir in the yogurt, olive oil and enough water to form a soft dough
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, garlic and parsley
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, shape into circles or ovals about ½ cm thick. Dust lightly with a little flour
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan and cook on each piece on both sides until golden and puffed.
- While still hot, spread the garlic mixture over the surface of the flatbread and serve.
Looking for a tasty gluten-free pizza to accompany your flatbread? Take a look at www.pizzaristorante.co.uk.