Celebrate Halloween in spooktacular style with this lusciously smooth and creamy gluten-free pumpkin cheesecake.
Gluten-free pumpkin cheesecake
GF EF V MF
For the base:
- 300g Schär Digestive Biscuits
- 125g butter
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp cinnamon
For the filling:
- 560g full fat cream cheese
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 495g pumpkin puree
- 250g icing sugar
- 200ml double cream
For the topping:
- 100g gluten free, dark chocolate
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- For the base: Place the Schär Digestive Biscuits into a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and spices together and then stir the melted ingredients into the biscuits.
- Press the biscuits into a loose bottom 10-inch tin and set aside.
- For the filling: Whip the cream cheese, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree together. Once mixed, gradually (and gently) add in the icing sugar.
- Once mixed, whip in the double cream until the mixture becomes stiff. Be careful not to over-beat, as this will curdle the mixture.
- Place the filling on top of the biscuit base before placing in the fridge to set overnight.
- For the topping: Melt the dark chocolate and stir in the vegetable oil; this helps prevent the chocolate from setting.
- Place the melted chocolate into a piping bag with a thin circular nozzle. Pipe a large circle around the edge of the cheesecake, repeat this on the inside of the original circle, and continue to the middle of the cheesecake. Do this until you have a small dot of chocolate in the centre of the cheesecake.
- With a toothpick, starting from the small dot in the middle of the cheesecake, drag the chocolate lines outwards to resemble a spider web.