Now you can enjoy your favourite gluten-free Hobnobs in dessert form thanks to this deliciously decadent chocolate and coconut tart recipe from McVitie’s!
McVitie’s gluten-free Hobnobs chocolate & coconut tarts
GF EF MF
- 6oz/150g McVitie’s Gluten Free Milk Chocolate Hobnobs Biscuits
- 2oz/50g butter, margarine or dairy free spread
- 2oz/50g gluten free plain chocolate (avoid any containing barley)
- 4 tbsp coconut milk (thick style, not reduced fat)
- 1 tbsp icing sugar or to taste
- 1 McVitie’s Gluten Free Milk Chocolate Hobnobs Biscuit, crushed or 1tsp/5ml desiccated coconut to decorate
- Small handful of fresh mixed strawberries, raspberries and blueberries to top the tarts, optional
- Line the base of two 4inch/10cm loose bottomed individual flan tins with a disc of baking parchment.
- Put the McVitie’s Gluten Free Milk Chocolate Hobnobs biscuits into a freezer bag (thick plastic bag) and crush well using a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter, margarine or dairy free spread, stir in the biscuit crumbs. Divide between the two tins and using the back of a spoon press the crumbs to form the base and sides of the tart. Set aside to cool.
- Put the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and set over a small pan of simmering water, warm gently over a low heat until melted. Stir in the coconut milk and icing sugar and mix well. Spoon into the biscuit cases. Cool then chill for 2 hours.
- Decorate with a little crushed McVitie’s Gluten Free Milk Chocolate Hobnobs biscuit or desiccated coconut. Serve with fresh berries.
For more information, please visit www.mcvities.co.uk.