Feeling lazy? Happens to the best of us! You can still enjoy a delicious treat, with this mug cake recipe
You can’t get much more summery than this blueberry lemon muffin mug cake. Not only is it gluten-free but dairy-free and vegan too! Super simple and quick to make, just check it all in a mug and pop it into the microwave!
Blueberry lemon muffin mug cake
- 4 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Vega Clean Protein
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond drink or plant-based drink of choice
- 2 tsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- a handful of frozen blueberries
- optional topping: blueberries, sprinkle of sugar, lemon zest
In a microwave-safe mug, mix the flour, sugar, Vega® Clean Protein, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add the almond drink, oil and lemon juice, stirring until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
Microwave for 2-4 minutes. Start at 2 minutes and add 30-second increments until it’s slightly spongy, but not doughy. Allow to cool.
Optional: Top with blueberries, a dash of sugar and lemon zest.