Combine your love of pasta with a hearty soup in this delicious Lasagna Soup from Happy Skin Kitchen…
Hearty soup made with lasagna sheets
- 1 onion peeled, finely chopped
- 1 carrot peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick cut into small pieces
- 3 garlic cloves peeled, crushed
- 400 g tinned lentils drained and rinsed
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tbsp gluten-free red miso paste
- 4 sundried tomatoes chopped
- 800 ml gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6-7 gluten-free lasagna sheets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil or parsley chopped
- parmesan or ricotta vegan
Add the oil to a large pan over a medium heat. Once hot add in the chopped onion, carrot and celery. Saute on a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until the onion starts to caramelise.
Add in the crushed garlic and cook for another minute. Add in the red miso paste, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, lentils and tomato paste. Mix everything together.
Pour in the veggie stock, stir again and cover with a lid. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until the soup slightly thicken.
Break the lasagna sheets in half and add them to the pot. Very gently stir them around so they are “drowned” in the soup. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the lasagna sheets are cooked through.
Serve the lasagna soup into bowls and top with the your favourite vegan cheese (if using) a sprinkle of fresh parsley or basil and some cracked black pepper.