Bursting with flavour, this Asian salad is a gluten-free showstopper! Guaranteed to impress your tastebuds.
Poached chicken & smashed cucumber salad
Bursting with flavour, this Asian salad will impress your tastebuds and keep you full!
- 2 British chicken breast fillets
- 1 garlic clove peeled, finely grated or crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp reduced salt gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp chiu chow chilli oil (or 1/4 tsp chilli flakes)
- 1 Essential Waitrose cucumber halved lengthways
- 1 celery stalk finely sliced
- 1/4 a red onion peeled, finely sliced
- 40 g roasted cashew nuts roughly chopped
- a handful of coriander roughly chopped
- 250 g cooked jasmine or long grain rice to serve
Bring a large saucepan of water to a simmer. Carefully add the chicken breasts and cook for 9-10 minutes until thoroughly cooked with no pink meat. Turn off the heat and carefully transfer the chicken to a chopping board.
Meanwhile, mix the garlic, vinegar, soy sauce andsesame and chilli oils (or flakes) in a large bowl. Place the cucumber halves on a chopping board, cut-side down. Using a rolling pin, bash all over until cracked in places, then scrape out and discard the seeds using a teaspoon. Roughly chop the cucumber and toss into the dressing with the celery and red onion. Stir through the cashews and coriander.
Divide the rice and cucumber salad between plates, then slice the poached chicken and arrange over the top.