This roasted vegetable frittata is a great option for the whole family and is an easy way of getting in your five-a-day.
Roasted vegetable frittata
By Rhiannon Lambert (www.mydairyfreedream.com)
Serves 2 | Prep 20 mins | Cook 25-30 mins | Calories 425 (per serving)
GF DF V
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 red pepper, cut into 5cm (2in) pieces
- 1 courgette, cut into circular rounds
- 1 small aubergine, cut into 2.5cm (1in) cubes
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp Rice Dream
- a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 basil leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Lightly oil a square baking dish.
- In a casserole dish, combine the onion, red pepper, aubergine and courgette. Add the olive oil and toss to coat well.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred at the edges. Set aside to cool. Do not turn off the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat together the eggs and Rice Dream. Add the basil, salt and pepper and chilli flakes (if using).
- Pour over the vegetables, then bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and set. Serve warm, garnished with basil leaves, or enjoy cold with salad.