This recipe is a vegan paradise…why not have a go at making this vegan strawberry delight yourself?
By Emily of This Rawsome Vegan Life.
I am so happy right now. For my countless blessings from the magical universe BUT ALSO – because I have succeeded in creating raw vegan buttercream. Chocolate. Buttercream. I know, I know; but please try to contain the applause. Honestly, it was accidental. Two nights ago I was making some date syrup to photograph for my cookbook, and then I decided to turn it into a fudgy pudding type thing so I threw in some cacao, coconut oil, maple syrup, cashew butter, and other stuff. It tasted great but I had changed my mind – I wasn’t hungry anymore. I put it in the fridge…
The next day my heart was set on creating strawberry chocolate cream tarts using the chocolate mixture I had made the previous night, along with a simple tart crust and fresh strawberries from our garden. Everything was set to go; I finally took out the chocolate mixture and tasted it. Oh. My. God. It had evolved into chocolate buttercream overnight. Praise the heavens and all that is holy. Obviously it will taste great with anything, especially if that anything is strawberries. Make this ASAP.
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Egg-Free, Meat-Free, Vegan
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dates
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced strawberries
- Mint leaves
To make the crust –
- Pulse the almonds into flour in a food processor.
- Add the dates and process until they stick together.
- Press into the bottom and up the side of a lined spring form pan or tart moulds.
To make the buttercream –
- blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight so it can develop those magical flavours, then spread evenly into your crust.
- Top off with strawberries and mint.
Emily is a vegan, plant-based foodie blogger, documenting her inventive recipes as she experiments with raw foods. She believes in eating for happiness, and eating what you want.
Check out more of our vegan recipes!